Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blessed

It has been a harder transition moving than I imagined it would be.  I blame my "half glass full" personality:)  Our entire daily routine has changed, and somehow I thought it would be seamless.  The thing that has been easy our these guys.



All three of them have been such troopers.  I feel so blessed to have these 3 sweet guys---all with their own unique personalities.  With the switch to apartment living, homeschooling, and not having friends here, there has been minimal to no fighting and lots of cooperation (which is actually the norm).  I just worried with the increase in time spent together we might have issues.  It seems to be the opposite.  We have grown even closer as our time is more intentional now.  Don't worry there is still irritability and pestering with some meltdowns.  At night we have occasional weepiness for GA--which is completely understandable as I have those same feelings.  Our former pastor in Atlanta, Andy Stanley, mentioned on more than one occasion that he never let his little ones go to sleep at night without asking if there was something on their heart--worry, sadness, etc.  We follow this practice, and I love it.  They are very open with their feelings, and I am thankful for that.  I feel like keeping communication open is so important--especially with boys.

This is our "old soul".  He has a tendency to worry but looks out for all of us, especially me.

This is our "motivator".  He cheers everyone on and is very giving.

This is our "comedian".  He keeps us all laughing and loves to cuddle.

I also have to mention this guy.

He is such a great husband and dad.  We can't wait for him to walk in the door at 5 each evening.

Looking forward to settling into a home and finding our place here.  These guys make the journey a nicer one.

Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  ~Elizabeth Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment